Do you have prior experience working in marketing or sales? Are you passionate about delivering a unique customer experience? Would you consider yourself a “go-getter?” If you answered yes, we want to talk to you! Martin City Marketing is located in the Martin City area just outside of Kansas City. We are an energetic marketing firm looking for a Digital & Print Sales Specialist who can hit the ground running. Martin Marketing started as the internal marketing department for a large automotive group in the Kansas City Metro Area. Within the last year, due to high demand from other clients we created Martin City Marketing (MCM) and now are a revenue source verses an expense.
This unique position includes a mix of ongoing marketing projects and client communication. This position is all about focusing on the creative strategies while managing client expectations as programs and campaigns are scheduled and launched. This position requires strong organizational and communication skills to coordinate with clients and internal teams.
Skills you’ll need to be amazing at this position:
- Clear Communicator: You’ll need to be able to take excellent typed notes during meetings with clients. The ability to quickly re-organize and delegate tasks with details for all parties to follow. This is an area where the creative expectations need to be outlined in great detail.
- Be a Planner: Some projects need a few days and a few team members to work together and some projects and
events can take weeks.
- Love to Problem solve: Projects can often be like a puzzle. You’ll need to be able to quickly solve problems that
may arise due to clients or external partners or just what life throws at us. Client’s often have their own ideas on
how to market and you need to guide them and show them the way to win!
- Editor: This position includes reviewing assets received from clients and other team members. Your job will be to
proofread, check that the creative aligns with the message and goals. Identify what’s correct and what needs work
and then delegate it with new direction to ensure you get back what is needed.
- Data Nerd: We back up all creative ideas with results. Though you don’t need to be a data scientist you do need
to be clear how to review reports provided by Google Analytics and other social advertising tools. You’ll need to
be able to understand what creative is resonating with audiences and identifying data patterns from implemented
programs / campaigns.
- Thick Skin: Things move quick and sometimes people get stressed; clients and co-workers. Moments of
frustrations will arise it’s just a fact of life. If you’re someone who understands this, and you don’t take things
personally you’ll be the perfect fit for Martin City Marketing!
- 3+ years in digital marketing industry
- Strong familiarity with digital marketing solutions: Digital Ads, Mobile Ads, Social Media, PPC, SEO
- Full Medical & Dental
- 6 Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday (Might need some help on weekends at events, conferences, etc.)